Balmoral Park, Chicagoland’s premier harness horse racing facility located in Crete, Illinois, will play host to some of the top standardbred race horses as the prestigious American National Stakes are contested this Saturday, November 12.
Fans also have a chance to win over $5,000 in cash to a single person in Balmoral Park’s semi-annual “Mystery Voucher” promotion. Vouchers were mailed to over 15,000 of Balmoral Park’s rewards members and are all valued at anywhere between $2 and $5,000. Vouchers are only redeemable this Saturday between 6:30 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Balmoral Park will also featured “guaranteed pools” of $30,000 on its Pick 4, $30,000 on its High 5 and $10,000 on its Pick 5 wagers giving fans throughout the country a chance to play into some of the largest pools in North America!
Some of the heavyweight horses pulling into Balmoral Park this weekend include:
• Betterthancheddar – won both the 2011 Breeders Crown and The Cane Pace (first leg of the pacing Triple Crown).
• Big Bad John – won 2011 Little Brown Jug (second leg of the pacing Triple Crown).
• Foiled Again – set track record while winning the 2011 Indiana Pacing Derby (1:49.2). Current winnings stand at $1.3 million for 2011 and $3.3 million during his career.
• Lucky Jim – trained by Illinois native Erv Miller, boasting 28 career wins with lifetime earnings of $1.9 million.
• Bettor Sweet – won the 2010 American Nationals and is back to defend his title. Set the world record this June of 1:48.1 while winning the Bettors Delight Stake and the 2011 Breeders Crown in 1:48.4. (Balmoral Park)